Christian Suffering (Pt.1)
Text: Philippians 1:20-30, Acts 14:22
- Christianity is not only about blessing and grace
- Suffering is involved in Christianity
- No amount of Faith, healing and prosperity can nullify this truth
- During suffering, you need to ask “What does God wants me to do in this suffering”
- Suffering creates a fellowship of like minded.
- Every suffering that is honestly endured, there is a glory to follow.
- No cross No crown
- Some of these sufferings are for our blessing and good
- We need to ask God for His grace to see us through the suffering.
Why does God allows suffering?
- Because it pleases Him – Isaiah 53:10; Ephesians 5:2
- Because it makes you perfect – Heb 2:10;
- To make you obedient – Heb 5:8;
- Will bring you closer to God – Phil 3:10;
- Because of the glory that follows – 1 Peter 1:11; 2 Corin 4:17; Romans 8:17; 1 Peter 4:13
- So that you play your part in the completion of the suffering of Christ – Colossians 1:24;
- So that you will become humble – 2 Corin 12:7; Deuteronomy 8:2; James 1:2