[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
Glory be to God for making us to see the beginning of the 3rd month in 2018. I pray that this month will be a month of JOY for us all. One key for joy in this month of March is that FOCUS ON CHRIST AND DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF WITH OTHERS”
We recently witness the snow some days ago, learn that no 2 flakes of snow is identical as your fingerprints is unique, so you are. YOU ARE SPECIAL. YOU ARE UNIQUE. (You have make mistakes, you will continue to make mistakes but YOU ARE NOT MISTAKE. God has a purpose for fearfully and wonderfully making you.
One of the fastest ways of discouraging yourself and getting trapped by the sin of envy is when you compare yourself to others. God has a specific plan for you and you won’t accomplish that plan by looking at others. It causes distraction. Comparison is the thief of joy.
Count your blessings and not the blessings of someone else. Let God control your life and give Satan no opportunity to discourage you from the purpose God has for you. Know that all you need is Christ.
Set your mind at peace by focusing on the Lord. STOP COMPARING YOURSELF WITH OTHERS.
Common Areas of Comparison:
• Your life – possession, achievement, job etc
• Your home, Your Husband/wife, Your Kids
• Your Ministry/Church
o There will always be a bigger church
o There will always be a better preacher
o There will always be a more eloquent teacher
o The work of God is not competition,. What God desires is your faithfulness.
The Result? ENVY (Prov 14:30, I Cor 3:3
• You cannot be envious and happy at the same time
• Do your best and stop all comparison. Godliness and contentment is a great gain
• Strive to be the person God made you to be – it is then you will find purpose, fulfilment and satisfaction. In the examination of life, there are different question papers
Some relevant Bible Passages:
1. Galatians 6:4-6, (ii) 2 Corinthians 10:12, (iii) I Thessalonians 4:11-12 (Mind your own business) and (iv) James 3:16 (Envy and jealousy brings disorder)
As you go in this new month, Keep in your mind that
1. You have been called to be different (Sermon of the Mount studies)
2. You are set apart from the world – Rom 12:2, I John 2:15
3. You are not to live for people – Gal 1:10
4. Love the Lord and give Him your all – Mark 12:30
5. Commit your ways unto Him and trust Him – Psalm 37:5, Prov 3:5-6
6. Be content and rely on your shepherd who will provide all your needs – I Timo 6:6-8, Psalm 23:1, Phip 4:19
7. Be grateful in all things and in all situations – I Thes 5:18, Psalm 136:1-2
Christ is our standard:
• Compare yourself to Christ so that you can be more like him (To what extent am I like Jesus) – Eph 5:1, I Cor 11:1, 2 Cor 10:17
• Live out God’s will for your life
o He has fearfully and wonderfully made you –Psalm 139:14. So praise Him
o He has a plan for your life – Jere 29:11
o He will perfect all that concerns you – Psalm 138:8
In conclusion, let us continually examine ourselves – 2 Corin 13:5 and think Positively – Managing our thoughts – Philippians 4:8 and looking at Jesus as our standard. May God help us.